How does the ‘Cloud’ help me and my business? We know that’s what you’re asking right now.
Allow us to explain the basics and how we can help.
The Cloud is a simple way to talk about software and digital services that you probably now access through ‘traditional’ means.
The best example to use is software. Right now, your organisation probably uses a set of software and may have been using that software for many, many years. Owning and using software has in the main been reliable and fairly cost effective for you. If you are in a typical business you have probably used the Microsoft suite of Office software such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint for example, as well as maybe MYOB for your accounting, and you may also use some specialist software to do with your business type (i.e.. Dentists use specialist dental management software suites etc.).
Over time you may have experienced some of the limitations of traditional software:
- If software resides on a laptop for example, and that laptop is lost or stolen, your software and all your documents may be lost permanently
- Software requires extra licence fees for extra staff, and for yearly updates – costing you $$$
- Software needs to be updated and distributed regularly by the software company as new features arrive
- Software often requires your company to employ an IT person to coordinate software licence usage and troubleshooting, costing more $$$
- You can’t easily ‘share’ your files with others – you have to export the data, then email it, then re-do it all over again…
Cloud software is simply software and systems that operate remotely but offers you the same benefits as software that resides on your computer. The big advantage for you though is that the fees you pay for cloud software are A LOT LESS than traditional software licences and accompanying yearly patches and updates. You also gain a huge amount of flexibility and business automation. Switching to the Cloud can literally transform your business.
Some of the many benefits of Cloud Systems:
- You can easily share documents and files with any other people, such as Accountants, Co-workers and clients, by simply entering their email address; the other person doesn’t have to own special software and they can access the files instantly
- Many cloud systems automatically ‘Sync’ with each other, so you don’t have to do the dreaded double entry of data and customer details which causes lots of lost time and effort
- No backups ever needed – no need to worry about ‘who has the last best copy of that file’
- 100% Security and stability – all cloud systems use bullet-proof and best of breed server systems, that are fully protected and securely monitored 24/7
- Save Thousands of Dollars by retiring your in-house email or file servers – switch to the Cloud and let the cloud provider do the heavy lifting
- Save on staff costs by redeploying IT consultants or admin workers who have been dealing with having to keep all your old-fashioned software ‘running’
- Plus dozens of other benefits – talk to us; you’ll be surprised how many other fees you’ve been needlessly paying by using outmoded systems..
Marmoset Digital are authorised partners of Xero, eWay and Business Catalyst to name a few, and we know how to transform your business through the clever use of the Cloud.
Complete this form and we will get back to you to answer all your questions.